THE MURPHIUS GROUP Opportunities
Find your career with us
Commercial Lines Underwriter (Up to Sr. Level) – REMOTE (Indiana, Michigan or Ohio)
Work for an amazing Regional Mutual Insurance Carrier!!! A-rated, all-lines.
Under limited supervision and with independent judgment, review insurance applications to evaluate each risk to determine acceptability, coverage, and pricing by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Review and evaluate insurance applications, renewals and endorsements within defined authority, approve, modify or decline risks.
2. Determine and authorize reinsurance, if necessary.
3. Communicate with agents and internal staff to collect necessary information to perform risk assessment.
4. Build and maintain positive working relationships with agents and internal staff; assists and responds to inquiries by telephone, correspondence, agency visits, and visits to insured operation.
5. Maintain profitable business in territory through proper selection, pricing, and monitoring of business.
6. May provide leadership to junior staff by assigning tasks, training, and providing guidance. May provide input to management regarding junior staff performance.
- Bachelors, or combination of education and experience
- 3+ years of related experience
- Experience working from home
- Industry leading healthcare plan including low deductibles compared to many industry competitors
- Dental, vision, life insurance, long-term, short-term disability, AD&D, Long Term Care Program and FSA
- 401K with match
- Competitive Paid Time Off (PTO) Bank
- Annual Incentive Bonus Plan
- Educational Assistance and Tuition Assistance
- RETIREE HEALTHCARE COVERAGE
- Home office set-up