THE MURPHIUS GROUP Opportunities
Find your career with us
Account Executive – Sales
Job Title: Account Executive – Sales
Department: Commercial Insurance
Location: Brighton, MI
This independent agency was founded in 1988, providing specialized insurance products and customized risk management services for Architects and Engineers.
Today the provide similar programs serving Environmental, CPA, Financial, Lawyers and other professional services companies.
To serve professional firms as members of their trusted advisors team by providing:
• Insurance and Risk Management unique to their needs;
• Claims assistance and liaison services with their insurer and
• Networking opportunities with other professionals
Agency is independently owned and locally operated to handle your risk management and insurance needs. They represent clients in Michigan, Ohio, N. Illinois, California, Indiana, and numerous other US and international companies.
Account Executive must be a licensed insurance agent with specific knowledge of the type of insurance he/she is selling. He/she should understand the automation system particularly prospect and customer files, rating, marketing policy forms and applications.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
Include the following. Other functions may be assigned as business conditions change.
• Call prospects to schedule appointments
• Obtain information needed for rating and issuance of proposals
• Provide risk management advice to clients and potential clients
• Make news sales in accordance with goals set in conjunction with sales manager
• Complete and/or assist with the completion of applications for new customers
• Suggest new prospecting and marketing ideas
• Make follow-up calls to new clients to assure customer satisfaction
• Develop a personal excellence plan and define strategies to become effective
QUALIFICATIONS & ABILITIES
• Bachelor’s degree preferred; high school or equivalent required
• Excellent computer skills including knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel
• Excellent communication and organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task
• Attention to detail and quality of work
• Licensed in Property & Casualty for the State of Michigan
CLASSIFICATION & COMPENSATION
• The position is full-time, permanent
• Salaried with commission negotiable based upon overall compensation package
• Health Insurance
• Prescription Drug Coverage
• Life / AD&D
• Long Term & Short Term Disability
• 401k – With Company Match
• PTO, Paid Holidays