THE MURPHIUS GROUP Opportunities
Find your career with us
Account Manager – Commercial Lines (Partially REMOTE)
Job Title: Account Manager – Service
Department: Commercial Insurance
Location: Brighton, MI
This independent agency was founded in 1988, providing specialized insurance products and customized risk management services for Architects and Engineers.
Today they provide similar programs serving Environmental, CPA, Financial, Lawyers and other professional services companies.
To serve professional firms as members of their trusted advisors team by providing:
• Insurance and Risk Management unique to their needs;
• Claims assistance and liaison services with their insurer and
• Networking opportunities with other professionals
Agency is independently owned and locally operated to handle your risk management and insurance needs. They represent clients in Michigan, Ohio, N. Illinois, California, Indiana, and numerous other US and international companies.
Account Manager is the client contact person in the agency for processing all policy requests and servicing commercial accounts. He/she is responsible for seeing that the client’s needs are well served.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
Include the following. Other functions may be assigned as business conditions change.
Will be assigned a book of professional service accounts.
• Provide exceptional customer service
• Manage entire renewal process
• Complete renewal proposals, identifying additional coverage needs and recommendations
• Marketing accounts
• Proactively manages the daily service requests of clients in a timely and efficient manner
• Managing and maintaining client files
• Continually expanding knowledge and use of industry best practices and innovation
• Solving problems, as they arise, by using available knowledge and resources
• Rounding accounts and cross selling
• Communicating and upholding the Company’s commitment to Integrity and Code of Ethics, as well as ensuring the same of the entire team
• Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & ABILITIES
• Bachelor’s degree preferred; high school or equivalent required
• Excellent computer skills including knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel
• Excellent communication and organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task
• Attention to detail and quality of work
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Strong analytical skills with minimal supervision needed
• Strong project management skills including ability to establish an appropriate timeline and manage deadlines
• Licensed in Property & Casualty for the State of Michigan
CLASSIFICATION & COMPENSATION
• The position is full-time, permanent
• Position is salaried
• Health Insurance
• Prescription Drug Coverage
• Life / AD&D
• Long Term & Short Term Disability
• 401k – With Company Match
• PTO, Paid Holidays