THE MURPHIUS GROUP Opportunities
Find your career with us
Our client, one of the largest insurance wholesale brokers in the U.S. seeks to recruit and hire a Commercial Underwriter for their Farmington Hills, MI location. The position will underwrite Marine, Environment, Transportation, Garage, business nationally.
* Niches: Enviro, Recreation, Marine, HNW, Professional, Transportation and Excess Casualty
* Doing business with 30,000 agents
* Build, maintain and grow commercial lines book of business
* Rate, quote and bind each risk to determine acceptability, coverage, and pricing for large or complex renewals as well as new business
* Develop and submit underwriting referrals to company brokerage facilities and management
* Manage agency relationships & serve as lead client contact
* Competitive salary PLUS lucrative sales incentive plan!
* Health Benefits and 401k match
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3 years CL underwriting experience in (wholesale broker or carrier)
- Underwriting, Sales and Marketing skills
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- P&C License and additional education/designations are a plus