THE MURPHIUS GROUP Opportunities
Find your career with us
CUO – Chief Underwriting Officer (Located in Iowa, Relocation Package with Flexible Timeframe, Will consider Remote Candidates)
The Chief Underwriting Officer develops and executes a comprehensive business strategy that positions insurance products to meet customer’s needs, outperform our competitors and achieve defined profitability results. The CUO is responsible for driving underwriting excellence across the company, including general underwriting policy and underwriting management best practices supporting multiple business units. This includes advancing underwriting profitability, governance, product and pricing strategies, adoption of new tools, data and analytics and empowering our underwriters to make informed underwriting decisions within that framework.
As a Senior Leader within the organization, this individual will help shape the overall direction of the business, identify growth opportunities, innovate our product set, proactively monitor & react to market trends, and drive profitability across the portfolio.
CUO will be the primary driver of:
- Underwriting Excellence
- Product Development
- Underwriting Quality Audit Process
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree , or equivalent combination of education and/or experience required, MBA preferred.
- CPCU preferred.
- 15+ years of progressively responsible experience in standard lines commercial lines underwriting including experience in E&S markets preferred.
- Extensive leadership experience.
Compensation & Benefits Package:
- Competitive Salary + Bonus + Long Term Incentive Plan.
- 401K includes a match up to 6% at 100%.
- Full Benefits Package including several health insurance plan options.
- Generous time off program including; personal, holiday, and volunteer paid time off.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Educational assistance program.
- Company sponsored community volunteer opportunities.