THE MURPHIUS GROUP Opportunities
Find your career with us
Director of Reinsurance
We couldn’t pursue our goal—making positive change possible—without the support, expertise and forethought of a committed Finance department. Our Finance department serves as the steward of our fiscal viability and business partner, making it possible for us to support organizations that are committed to making the world a better place: churches, educational institutions and nonprofit organizations. By protecting and safeguarding the property and assets of our members, we help them pursue their mission in an active and purposeful way. For more than 60 years, our Finance department have empowered us to passionately pursue our mission to serve the greater good.
The Director, Reinsurance is a senior position, responsible for developing and implementing a reinsurance strategy across all segments of company. Oversees all reinsurance purchases and operations, accounting practices, team members and systems. Writes contract wording, adhering to market security guidelines, negotiates treaty coverage, maintains contract files, and monitors treaty loss. Holds the primary responsibility for broker relationships
As the Director of Reinsurance, you will be accountable for the following:
- Responsible for ensuring effective and efficient reinsurance solutions are identified and in place in support of financial, risk management, and business unit priorities. Will actively coordinate with business unit leaders, CFO, CEO, ERM, and brokers in the analysis and execution of all placements.
- Owns the establishment, maintenance, and enforcement of reinsurance guidelines for the organization. Managing market approval and aggregations.
- Directs reinsurance operations and accounting functions to ensure efficient internal and external reporting and communication, appropriate management of collateral needs, and effective recovery of losses.
- Leads evaluation of reinsurance operations and accounting systems/processes for placement and reporting of reinsurance transactions.
- Keeps senior leadership informed of any developments.
- Primarily responsible for broker relationship management in support of corporate treaty placements and business unit specific placement needs.
- Administration and coordination of internal reinsurance committee.
- Manages corporate treaty placement process including timelines, evaluation of options, marketing plan, and decision-making process.
- Manage reinsurance operations staff.
- Other duties as required.
Education and Experience requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Business or Finance or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Ten years of related work experience in reinsurance program management preferred
- CPCU, AIAF, MBA and ARE certifications are preferred.
- Three or more years of leadership experience preferred.
- Proven experience managing broker relationships in the P&C and/or E&S markets preferred.
Rich Benefits Package:
- 401K includes a match up to 6% at 100%.
- Generous time off program including; personal, holiday, and volunteer paid time off.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Wellness incentives.
- Free Basic Life and AD&D.
- Free short-term and long-term disability.
- Educational assistance program.
- 3 different medical plans options to meet individual needs, including dental and vision.
- Company sponsored community volunteer opportunities.