THE MURPHIUS GROUP Opportunities
Find your career with us
Lead Underwriter (Energy) – REMOTE (TX, NM, CA, AZ)
Looking to work for an amazing insurance company?
You will be responsible for the following:
• Build, maintain and utilize strong relationships with wholesale business partners to generate opportunities.
• Review and analyze underwriting submissions.
• Generate quotation terms.
• Negotiate facultative reinsurance.
• Negotiate terms and conditions of quotations.
• Generate binding documents.
• Operate Specialty systems including but not limited to AIM and AIR programs.
• Liaise with Underwriting Associates.
• Peer review quotation, binding and policy documents.
• Provide disciplined approach to exposure evaluation, risk assessment and pricing.
• Using risk insights, data and models to drive informed decisions at point of sale.
• Monitor and enforce underwriting rules and guidelines, insurance laws, regulations and rating manual rules.
• Lead and manage energy team providing coaching, training and performance management.
• Collaborates and guides Underwriting Assistant(s) on accounts and relationships.
• Attend client meetings, broker calls and conventions as needed.
• Offer additional support to Head of MGU as needed.
• Performs other related work as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- 10+ years experience preferred.
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Supervisory experience highly desired.
- CPCU, ARM preferred.
- Competitive Salary + Bonus.
- 401K includes a match up to 6% at 100%.
- Full Benefits Package including several health insurance plan options.
- Generous time off program including; personal, holiday, and volunteer paid time off.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Educational assistance program.
- Company sponsored community volunteer opportunities.