THE MURPHIUS GROUP Opportunities
Find your career with us
Personal Lines Product Manager – Senior Level
Under general supervision and with independent judgment, responsible for assigned state of responsibility, including growth, profitability, competition and regulation. Ensures compliance with regulation. Makes recommendations regarding product design, pricing, and new product development. Contributes to marketing and sales planning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Monitors and evaluates products for assigned state, including growth, profitability, competition and regulation.
a. Measures performance of products compared to strategies, goals and metrics.
b. Monitors and evaluates insurance industry product developments and trends.
c. Analyzes and reports product performance to key stakeholders.
d. Partners with pricing on the selection of retrospective and prospective trends.
e. Solicits input from key stakeholders to identify new trends influencing loss performance.
2. Maintains product compliance with all applicable regulations, including:
a. Coordinates rate, rule and form changes.
b. Communicates with regulatory agency representatives.
c. Acts as the regulations and statues expert for assigned states of responsibility.
3. Develops and presents recommendations on product modifications or new products.
a. Works with key stakeholders to assess new products or enhancements to existing products.
b. Maintains communication with and solicits input from key stakeholders, including underwriting, marketing, claims, sales, agents and policyholders.
c. Defines the cost benefit of new products and prioritizes implementation based on what will achieve the highest rate of return.
d. Monitors new product introductions to ensure performance aligns with targeted results.
e. Works with assigned Analysts to develop and support product recommendations.
4. Provide input and recommendations regarding marketing and sales strategy, plans and materials, including:
a. Partnering with Marketing and Sales to identify opportunities for the placement of new agency plants.
b. Ensures that Marketing spend aligns with key growth markets.
5. May provide leadership to junior staff, including:
a. Assigns tasks
b. Trains and provides guidance
c. Provides input to management regarding performance appraisals
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Industry leading healthcare plan including low deductibles compared to many industry competitors
- Dental, vision, life insurance, long term, short term disability, AD&D, Long Term Care Program and FSA
- 401K with match
- Competitive Paid Time Off (PTO) Bank
- Annual Incentive Bonus Plan
- Educational Assistance and Tuition Assistance
- RETIREE HEALTHCARE COVERAGE
Information provided is a summary only. Detailed information is available in individual plan documents and the employee handbook. Rates and details are subject to change.