THE MURPHIUS GROUP Opportunities
Find your career with us
Product Property Manager – Commercial Lines (REMOTE, USA)
The Product Property Manager leads the strategic oversight for all aspects of Home Office property lines for Core Business Segments, Program and Specialty lines. Develops and communicates the product, pricing and underwriting strategies. Responsible for developing line of business roadmap, recommending underwriting or product policies, procedures and standards. Supports the development and directs the implementation of strategies that support multiple product related profitability objectives.
• Designs and implements Line of Business product strategy and communication plans throughout the organization.
• Prepares analysis and business recommendations based on in-depth review of Property Product portfolio
• Responsible for assigned lines of business and leads new business development and implementation projects.
• Recruits, trains, challenges, motivates and mentors team to assure excellence in customer service, quality, profitability and productivity.
• Provides leadership to all functional areas related to product architecture, design and management. Makes recommendations based on in-depth functional knowledge and opportunities for improvement.
• Develops and drives key initiatives related to product growth and profitability. Manages strategies related to multiple product growth and profitability objectives.
• Provides knowledge and guidance on managing property aggregations.
• Leads the rate review, filing and communication process for maintenance, bureau updates and new development initiatives across all functional areas.
• Coordinates product recommended implementations.
• Leads the process of analyzing market information on competitors, proactively identifies product opportunities.
• Initiates action plans to improve and/or maintain product performance.
• Collaborates with Home Office and Field Underwriting to ensure underwriting guidelines align with rate plan changes and corporate strategy.
• Leads the coordination, development, and delivery of new product training.
• Coordinates product strategy with sales, agency management, field product and marketing. Assures effective communication to appropriate product leaders and functional areas of the organization.
• Proactively seeks out opportunities to interact with other business partners while developing cross-functional knowledge in claims, sales, marketing, pricing, operations, underwriting and finance. Acts as a mentor to business partners.
• Assists with underwriting quality and training as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned
- Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, or related field, or equivalent combination of training and/or experience.
• CPCU or other industry designation highly desired.
• Eight (8) years of Commercial Product and/or Underwriting experience preferred, preferably with heavy property and/or in the Non-profit or Religious Organization area niches.
• Three (3) years of supervisory or management experience preferred but not necessary.
- Competitive Salary
- Health Insurance HDHP w/HSA, PPO, HMO, HSA & FSA
- 401K with Match
- Employee Incentive Plan & Long Term Incentive Plan
- PTO & VTO
- Generous Holiday Schedule
- Education Assistance
- Etc. Additional benefits