THE MURPHIUS GROUP Opportunities
Find your career with us
Senior Business Analyst
Senior Business Analyst
Would you like to work in Downtown Grand Rapids, MI???
Work well in a collaborative environment???
Enjoy being a specialist in an niche industry segment???
Hate brushing the snow off your car at the end of the day in the winter???
If so, we should talk!
* Supportive, open and positive culture
* Friendly and flexible work environment
* Strong leadership
* Great location and office environment
The Senior Business Analyst (BA) will lead the organization in data analytics and information technology solutions. Primary responsibilities will include providing internal expertise on Navrisk, Unit4 and OnBase solutions, project management, enhancing data reporting and analytics structures, and technical advice as needed.
Provide expertise on core systems to enhance data reporting and analytics structures including:
Work with internal and external customers to fully understand their information needs to provide the most appropriate response to inquiries; serve as technical communicator between stakeholders to provide translation and ensure clarity and consistency on action items
Analyze and understand MPIE’s data structures, and the capabilities or limitations of each system, to standardize, enhance, or repair these structures; understand data and information flow between systems and within end user workflows
Maintain and improve monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting for internal and external customers
Support reporting for the finance department, to ensure accuracy and compliance with regulatory reporting requirements
Respond to ad hoc report requests by modifying and expanding existing reports or generating new reports on tight deadlines
Standardize and automate reports when possible, using basic tools which allow employees to run simple reports on their own
Engage with process owners on both IS and business process improvements and support implementation of same
Lead in the discovery and planning of change control efforts
Ensure change control procedures are followed and documentation is updated accordingly when performing any changes to applications, systems or user access
Utilize and maximize use of existing tools, or recommend alternative tools to improve reporting capabilities or efficiencies
Develop predictive analytics and statistical projections when supported by underlying data
Work with Management to understand gaps in business intelligence and develop new reports, dashboards, and KPIs to support business decisions
Information Technology Solutions
In conjunction with internal staff and IS vendors, support and build out information technology solutions throughout the company including:
Understand the policies, procedures, and technology solutions that are in place to protect our data and be proactive if compliance issues are suspected
Maintain and draft as necessary IS standard work procedures in collaboration with vendor resources
Maintain and draft as necessary end user system guides and orientation tools
Manage multiple simultaneous IS projects to successful completion; maximize technical improvement while minimizing cost
Coordinate and provide staff training for IS upgrades, new tools, and processes, including live training, instructional videos, collaborative training, reference documentation
Support Senior Business Systems Analyst and provide back up for critical functions.
Minimum Skills Requirements:
• Demonstrate consistent initiative, dependability and integrity
• Well-developed interpersonal communication, technical documentation and strategic thinking skills
• Defining business requirements at a detailed technical level
• Strong project management skills with detailed record keeping
• Maintain high-levels of confidentiality
• Analyze and summarize information and trends
• Perform as a team member – demonstrating flexibility, curiosity and problem solving as the organization needs change
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows 10
• Ability to make high-quality and independent decisions
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently under tight deadlines and multiple interruptions
• Semi-Flexible schedule to meet the needs of the company
• Knowledge of SAP, business objects or other web-based reporting tool.
• Knowledge of multiple SQL variants.
• Three years’ experience in supporting IS systems and end users required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business analytics, organizational operations, information systems, insurance or other related area preferred.
* Competitive Salary
* Full Benefits Package; (Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSA, STD, LTD, Life, AD&D, 401k)
* Generous Holiday Scedule
* Generous PTO
* 8am – 5pm, Monday – Friday
* Business casual with casual Fridays
* On-site fitness center
* Paid parking