THE MURPHIUS GROUP Opportunities
Find your career with us
Sr. Commercial Lines Underwriter (Massachusetts preferred, possibly Rhode Island or Southern New Hampshire)
Position: Commercial Lines Underwriter, Senior
Location: Massachusetts (Possibly Rhode Island or Southern New Hampshire)
Candidate must have experience working with Independent Insurance Agencies in the State of Massachusetts.
Under limited supervision and with significant independent judgment review insurance applications to evaluate each risk to determine acceptability, coverage, and pricing by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and evaluate insurance applications, renewals and endorsements within defined authority, approve, modify or decline risks.
- Determine and authorizes reinsurance, if necessary.
- Communicate with agents and internal staff to collect necessary information to perform risk assessment.
- Builds and maintains positive working relationships with agents and internal staff; assists and responds to inquiries by telephone, correspondence, agency visits, and visits to insured operations.
- Maintains profitable business in territory through proper selection, pricing, and monitoring of business.
- May provide leadership to junior staff by assigning tasks, training and providing guidance. May provide input to management regarding junior staff performance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree (M.A.) or equivalent; or six to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.