THE MURPHIUS GROUP Opportunities
Find your career with us
- Assists Account Executives and Account Mangers on coverage, forms, and contract questions.
- Works closely with Regulatory and Legal departments in development and maintenance of contracts and policy forms.
- Assists the Senior Underwriting Consultant’s in creating and maintaining the Company’s underwriting guidelines and preferred endorsement forms.
- Acts as new business referral underwriter for assigned group captive business. Develops profile reports on all heterogeneous group captives and provides updated loss analysis on assigned captives at least semi-annually.
- Acts as lead terrorism underwriting resource, maintaining concentration data and analyzing new business concentrations.
- Conducts reinsurance file reviews and participates in oversight audits.
- Facilitates underwriting quality assurance.
- Provides in-house technical underwriting training.
This position requires a related Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent, and a minimum of five years of commercial casualty underwriting experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position requires one to work independently and effectively within a fast-paced environment. Proficiency with Microsoft (MS) Windows and Office products is necessary. This position also requires proficiency in the use of computer systems. Other skills necessary include excellent oral and written communication skills, accurate proofreading skills, the ability to maintain accurate records, the ability to exercise discretion with confidential information, excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to use a variety of office equipment.
This position requires strong commercial casualty underwriting knowledge.
- Competitive Salary
- Full Benefits Package
- PTO, Generous Holiday Schedule
- Continuing Education for related Professional Designations
- Hours of Operation; Mon – Fri, 8-4:30
- Business Casual Dress Policy
- On-Time Policy Issuance
- 30% of Fortune 50 served
- 40% of clients over 10 years
- 96% client retention
- 99% client satisfaction rate