THE MURPHIUS GROUP Opportunities
Find your career with us
The VP, Wholesale leads the sales team and provides strategic direction to contribute to the growth and profitability of the company. Responsible for developing, managing and sustaining profitable business by providing high-level technical and sales expertise. Manage range of functions, including working with company managers to find ways to build sales, control expenses, and evaluate and elevate staff performance.
As the VP, Wholesale, you will be responsible for the following:
• Builds cooperative and dependable relationships with independent insurance agencies and brokerages to create business placement opportunities.
• Develops and maintains underwriting and cooperative service relationships with insurance carriers by demonstrating in-depth knowledge of commercial insurance and underwriting guidelines, both in excess and surplus lines and standard markets.
• Recognizes acceptable business opportunities through underwriting pre-qualification process.
• Successfully negotiables market placements of new and renewal business.
• Meets and sustains targeted revenue goals.
• Coordinates resources to accomplish specific account objectives.
• Assumes ultimate responsibility for the successful completion of all account tasks and details on account portfolio.
• Recruits, hires, trains, motivates and educates team, blending leadership and technical skills.
• Develops internal relationships with other operations to facilitate cross-selling
• Collaborates and guides report(s) on accounts and relationships.
• Attend client meetings and conventions as needed.
• Performs other related work or projects as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor and or Associate degree in Business, or other related field preferred
• Property, Casualty, Life and Health Insurance Licenses
• 10+ years of wholesale experience
• 2+ years of supervisory experience
• Substantial and relevant experience in a commercial insurance brokerage or underwriting environment including wholesale brokerage experience.
• Demonstrated understanding of commercial insurance coverages and relevant forms for excess and surplus lines; understanding of both admitted and non-admitted markets.
• Trusted working relationships with carrier and markets.
• Highest level of customer relations, sales management and negotiating skills to effect profitable results.
• Highest level of interpersonal skills to facilitate team building and resource management.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Knowledgeable of workplace laws and corporate policies and practices; maintains a fair office work environment.
• Ability to travel; must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
• Creative thinker that is able to collaborate while developing new plans, processes and solutions.
• Passionate about wholesale expansion and support strategies
• Knowledge of RMS & AIR preferred
• Demonstrated experience in using analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
• Superior skills in relationship building, active listening, needs analysis, and win-win negotiating.
• Possess working knowledge of time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business.
• Strong knowledge of underwriting philosophy, techniques, national/local filing regulations and guidelines.
• Proven record of accomplishment reflective of consistent position growth and demonstrated technical knowledge and strong understanding of Insurance Operations.
• Consistent application of underwriting concepts and practices within the Specialty underwriting field.
• Ability to strategically manage risk and analyze data.
• Experience working in a challenge, fast paced and team environment.
• Ability to convey clear & concise information to others utilizing excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong attention to numeric and other details.
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills and ability to manage large work volume and meet tight deadlines.
Rich Benefits Package:
• 401K includes a match up to 6% at 100%.
• Generous time off program including; personal, holiday, and volunteer paid time off.
• Flexible work schedules.
• Wellness incentives.
• Free Basic Life and AD&D.
• Free short-term and long-term disability.
• Educational assistance program.
• 3 different medical plans options to meet individual needs, including dental and vision.
• Company sponsored community volunteer opportunities.