THE MURPHIUS GROUP Opportunities
Find your career with us
Senior Business Analyst (Marketing) – REMOTE –
Work for an amazing Regional Mutual Insurance Carrier!!!
Seeking a Senior Business Analyst to join its Marketing team and lead various agency administration and agency performance management functions. In this role, you will be responsible for contract maintenance, classification and evaluation programs and tools, and the company’s premium growth plan process. You’ll lead the design and development of our agency compensation plans (base commissions and industry-leading profit-sharing program) and model, administer and assess agency commission and travel incentives. You will serve as the business lead for many Marketing automation projects, participate in task forces as assigned, and coordinate the department’s participation in the company’s competitive intelligence initiative as well as industry benchmark studies.
This position offers a unique blend of autonomy and collaboration, with stakeholders ranging from our independent agency partners to the various business areas to IT to executive leadership. The role is an individual contributor among a team of Marketing professionals delivering agency relations, sales support, branding and communications services to the organization.
Under limited supervision and with significant independent judgment, leverages data, technology and resources to provide tools designed to optimize profit and growth, and enhance decision making and/or operational efficiencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. In cooperation with leadership, ensures departmental best practices by:
a. Researches, develops, and implements reporting tools
b. Provides validation of results, analysis and recommendations to management based on results from the reporting tools
c. Recommends and communicates system and data enhancements
d. Develops and delivers training related to projects, data and/or reporting tools
e. Serves as the subject matter expert, providing reporting tool expertise on department and cross-functional teams
f. Monitors the performance of external vendors and/or employee work (through internal audits) to ensure adherence to standards
2. Serves as Business Lead and/or resource on complex corporate projects representing departmental function
3. May provide leadership to junior staff through guidance and training
- Project management
- Advanced Excel
- Understanding of independent agency distribution
- Communications (presenting, facilitating, writing)
- Customer relations and service
- Flexibility and change
- Working with others
- Problem-solving and decision-making
- Influencing and negotiation
- Insurance background required
- Technical experience preferred
- Data management experience/SAP Business Objects Web Intelligence preferred (But great in Excel works too)
- Home office experience and interacting with c-suite executives a plus
- Six plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Industry leading healthcare plan including low deductibles compared to many industry competitors
- Dental, vision, life insurance, long term, short term disability, AD&D, Long Term Care Program and FSA
- 401K with match
- Competitive Paid Time Off (PTO) Bank
- Annual Incentive Bonus Plan
- Educational Assistance and Tuition Assistance
- RETIREE HEALTHCARE COVERAGE
- Home office set-up